Sunday, 25 February 2007
Are we in China or Australia??
If you spend more than 24 hours indoors or a lot of your day with European english speaking people or aussies. It totally throws the whole China reality around and around your head, and your swirling going how come those people look like that or carrying that load or buzzing around on motorcycles? Every thing youve processed in your mind to stay grounded in your surroundings is all forgotten and you know when you get back home this whole experience will feel completely like a dream. When your out with your aussie friends you treat the waiter/waitress who isnt english speaking like an english person and frown at him/her when they cant understand a thing your saying. You forget how to converse in chinese. I cant believe this happens. When somedays you feel like youve been born here, and think your planning to live here forever. I guess this is what they call I'll think of the word then put it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Culture shock?
Reverse culture shock?
Just be grateful they're not broadcasting Dancing With the Stars over there!!
Post a Comment